1) Birthdays Today - May 31st...Katelyn Vorwald.
2) Hempstead Lady Stangs will be hosting a basketball camp from June 20th to June 23rd from 11 a.m to 1 p.m. Girls entering 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade are invited. The registration fee is $60. If you would like more information, please stop by the main office.
3) The end of the school year is fast approaching. Please bring $12 to the Main Office to reserve a copy of the 2015-2016 memory book.
4) Attention 7th and 8th graders interested in STEM activities. The University of Dubuque is sponsoring a STEM camp this summer, Amazing Molecues + ME from August 8 - August 12. You will solve challenges that include: cleaning foul water, creating the bounciest ball, making enviro-friendly plastic, and taste-testing liquid nitrogen ice cream. For more information on this week-long camp, contact Ms. Weber (email@example.com) or visit the website, http://www.dbq.edu/K12UD/AmazingMolecules/.
5) Starting today, May 31st the LRC will be closed except for book returns.
6) All library books are due on Wednesday, June 1st
7) Dubuque Hempstead 2016 Mustang Youth Football Camp...Any 6th or 7th grade students that are interested in attending a skills and installation camp from July 18th to July 21st should stop by the main office and pick up an informational sheet.
Attention 6th Grade Parents/Guardians...Iowa legislation requires all students entering the 7th grade will need to provide proof that a Tdap immunization booster was given if born on or after September 15, 2000. Tdap contains a booster dose of tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis. This will help protect your child and others from whooping cough. Documentation of the Tdap vaccine on a Certificate of Immunization will need to be provided to the school nurse prior to the first day of school unless your doctor signs a Certificate of Exemption, excluding them from receiving the vaccine. If a Tdap dose was administered to your child on or after their 10th birthday, this will meet the school requirement. Please check with your doctor or Public Health to see if your child still needs to receive this booster. Bring the Certificate of Immunization with you on registration day or give a copy to the school health office before classes resume, or it may be faxed to school at 563-552-4701. This is a state requirement and if your child does not receive the vaccine or an exemption from your doctor, he/she will be excluded from school until the vaccine has been administered. Thank you, Kim Schmitt RN BSN (563-552-4712).