1) Congratulations to our February Students of the Month! House 6-1: Payton Gibson & Kaliyah Johnson; House 6-2: Tyler Field & Jodie Tunque; House 7-1: Hanidin Kamram & Dustin Riesselman; House 7-2: Colton Davis & Faith Jasper; House 8-1: Carly Dalberg & Zach Smith; House 8-2: Taya Hess & Kassidy Gerken. https://www.smore.com/3xy23
2) Girls, ages 7th grade to 12th grade are invited to an upcoming leader program hosted by Girl Scouts called Raise Your Voice being held at Clarke University this summer on June 26-28, 2015. Please register to attend by May 28, 2015: $85/Girl Scout • $70/Adult. Register early – before April 1 – and get a $10 discount! All fees include meals, lodging, journey books, and supplies. Separate sessions are available for parents and troop leaders. Questions? We have answers! RaiseYourVoice@GirlScoutsToday.org or call 800-798-0833 or GirlScoutsToday.org
3) The HEMPSTEAD BUNNY HOP 5K/JELLY BEAN FUN RUN will be held at Roosevelt School on April 4th. Stop by the Main office to pick up an informational sheet.
4) Birthdays Today - March 31st...Tanner Bries, Travis Bries, Scott Hostager, Shaelyn Hostager, Markus King.
5) LRC WILL BE CLOSED April 20th to May 7th for MAP testing. LRC WILL BE OPEN FOR QUIET CHECKOUTS DURING MORNING HOME BASE (7:45-8:30) AND 2ND HOME BASES. SMALL GROUP WORK WILL NEED TO BE IN CLASSROOMS DURING TESTING DATES.
6) ATTENTION BATTLE OF THE BOOK TEAMS...It is time for our Jefferson team battles to see who will be representing our school at the Forum for the Official Battle. Have you formed a team yet?? Our battles will be in the LRC on Monday, April 13th. 8th grade teams will battle at 7:50. 7th grade teams will battle at 11:00. 6th grade teams will battle at 11:30. NOTICE: THE LRC WILL BE CLOSED DURING THESE BATTLES.
7) 2015 Jefferson Battle Teams...6th grade...Mikea Hall, Ella Heim, Levi Schueller, Jaynen Bulter, Amilliean Brand, Taylor Cota, Vanessa Kamerude, Tanner Bries, Monica Hughes, Randi Pinto, Ella Kane, Spencer Roberts, Lashanti Martin, Ivy Dearstone, Logan Scherf, Andrew Anderson, Aaliyah Miller, Daemon Thomas, Tim Leslien. 7th Grade...(Faith Jasper, Carissa Elkskamp, Sydney Hammel, Aryana Birch, Ashley Klein, Megan Hammerand, Becca Johnson, Jayme Wuertzer, Shaelyn Hostager, Keshauna Bodley. 8th Grade...(Carly Dalberg, Elizabeth Freiburger, Tristan Miller, Grace Harwood, Ben Birkett, Allison Klein, Cole Heim, Taya Hess, Lizzy Thill, Kayla LsPage.
8) Congratulations to the following students who were selected to participate in the Belin-Blank Summer Institute in June: Samantha Clark, Visual Arts; Ben Hermiston, Social Sciences; Hannah Kramer, Math Problem Solving; Caleb Perreard, Performing Arts; Ted Spring, Global & Cultural Studies; and Derek Veltstra, Advanced Science. Additionally, two students were selected as alternates: Carly Dalberg, Creative Writing; and Trenton Sanchez, Invention and Innovation.
From Mr. Kramer - School Fundraiser: I have been asked by several people whether we are doing the Discount Card Fundraiser again this year. Yes, we will be doing the Fundraiser again this year. At the present time I have confirmed participation from 13 local business. I am still waiting for confirmation from 4 other businesses and 3 businesses have declined to participate this year. As soon as I can get confirmation from the other businesses and get at least one more new business to participate this year we can kick-off this activity. I have some special incentives to offer this year and I will share these with everyone as we get closer to the kick-off. Stay tuned!